cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enswitzer
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Output Date Formatting

I have a flow that creates a table (below) and sends it in an e-mail each week. However, I can't seem to get the formatting right on dates and numbers. How can I show the "Months Pushed Out" as only whole numbers, and the date at the top in YYYY-MM-DD format instead of with time?

enswitzer_0-1610978189771.png

enswitzer_1-1610978296602.png

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @enswitzer 

For the "Months Pushed Out" expression, you should use the following expression:

int(first(split(string(item()?['MonthsPushedOut']),'.')))

Which converts the number to a string, get the number before the "." and converts it to integer.

And for the date at the top (I suppose it is written in the email) you should use:

formatDateTime(your_date,'yyyy-MM-dd')

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Seemingly no matter what I do  - this Months one fails and gives me this Error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Set_variable' inputs at line '1' and column '23678': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,760)