cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCF_USer
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Owner is chnaged but field is updating on my name not the owner name.

Hi All,

I have created a flow to update the certain fields based on Onchange of a field.  I have changed the owner to 'service account' from me by adding the flow in existing solution as owner change is not supported for non-solution flow. 

Now, the problem is whenever I or anyone making changes to trigger the flow, it is working as expected but the update event is showing my name but it should (show)be updated by  the Service Account in Audit history as this is the current owner. We need to show the event is updated by service account beacuse other flow shd not run when chnages is made by service account which is not happening as the event is still showing my name

I do not how to change the connetion and connection references against the service account as it is a general account and to make connection we need to sign with that account.So, the connection reference is still using my id.I am not sure if this the reason and if it is then I am afraid of solution as i cannot login with service account to create the connection references

Can you please help?

@MarconettiMarco @Pstork1 @Expiscornovus @ekarim2020 @tom_riha 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PCF_USer ,

If it is an instant flow , you could force the run-only users using there own connection by setting Connections Used:

vbofengmsft_0-1662945378441.png

If it is an automated cloud flow, you could switch account.

vbofengmsft_3-1662945802581.png

Best Regards,
Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PCF_USer ,

If it is an instant flow , you could force the run-only users using there own connection by setting Connections Used:

vbofengmsft_0-1662945378441.png

If it is an automated cloud flow, you could switch account.

vbofengmsft_3-1662945802581.png

Best Regards,
Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,700)