cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanvb83
Level: Powered On

Flow - Parse JSON Dynamic Content not showing in Office 365 Outlook - Send An Email action

Flow is driving me crazy with this issue.  I have a flow (which runs successfully) that includes a "Parse JSON" and "Send an email action."  There is a Dynamic Content field that I want to grab from the Parse JSON action and include in the body of the email.  I'm able to proove that the Dynamic Content field contains data after the JSON is parsed but the data will not pass through in the email.  It simply sends the email with a blank body.  Any ideas?

2018-06-29 16_22_30-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2018-06-29 16_28_31-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2018-06-29 16_29_21-https___prod-40.westus.logic.azure.com_workflows_6295e7d9ea14438c8907c212f4e38e0.png

2018-06-29 16_31_23-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2018-06-29 16_30_40-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2018-06-29 16_32_14-API Get Loan Call - Message (HTML).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
bonm014

Re: Flow - Parse JSON Dynamic Content not showing in Office 365 Outlook - Send An Email action

I had the same issue, parsing the object went fine, but when I used to dynamic variable I got an empty result (which was not the case within the body of the JSON parse action).

Rather then using the value I tried to see the reference to the json object and I noticed that the path to the variable was incorrect.

When I use the dynamic variable within my expression I saw that it used

body('Folder_Information')?['ServerRelativeUrl']

, but the result value of the JSON object was stored within a parent "d" element. So I changed my generated expression to  

body('Folder_Information')?['d']?['ServerRelativeUrl']

and my value is now available within the action where I want to use it!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow - Parse JSON Dynamic Content not showing in Office 365 Outlook - Send An Email action

Hi @ryanvb83,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the input and the output of the "Parse JSON" action?

Please take a try to add a Compose action under the "Parse JSON" action, and insert the "encompassId" dynamic content of the "Parse JSON" action in the Compose, and run the flow to see if the Compose would be the "encompassId".

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

ryanvb83

Alice,

Thank you for the response.  I tried your recommendation but it did not work.

I will share as many screenshots as possible below.  Please understand that I will have to obfuscate some data since it is sensitive.  Please let me know if you need anything else to help me find a solution.

Thank you!

When this flow runs, it is successful and it sends an email.  However, the body of the email is blank.  Here are three screenshots of the flow, including a screenshot of the flow running successfully.  Then, I've included a screenshot of the Parse JSON input and output.  Both show that EncompassID has a value (a GUID).  The last screenshot is of the Compose action input.  As you can see, it is blank.  This defines the problem I am having.  I am unable to utilize the Parse JSON output for the EncompassID field, which according the screenshots, has a value.

2018-07-03 09_37_18-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png2018-07-03 09_38_24-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

2018-07-03 09_39_20-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Parse JSON Input ->>>>>   2018-07-03 09_39_46-https___prod-40.westus.logic.azure.com_workflows_6295e7d9ea14438c8907c212f4e38e0-parsejsoninput.png

Parse JSON OUTPUT ->>>>   2018-07-03 09_40_27-https___prod-40.westus.logic.azure.com_workflows_6295e7d9ea14438c8907c212f4e38e0-parsejsonoutput.png

Compose Input (see below screenshot)

2018-07-03 09_40_57-Untitled-composeinput.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You find any solution on this? I have the same problem. I am taking JSON file from Event Hub.

ryanvb83

No I haven't figured this out yet.  Pretty frustrating!  I'm able to see the output of the Parse JSON action and the value I'm looking for is in there.  But, I can't use that value in any downstream actions.  If you figure it out, let me know!

Highlighted
bonm014

I had the same issue, parsing the object went fine, but when I used to dynamic variable I got an empty result (which was not the case within the body of the JSON parse action).

Rather then using the value I tried to see the reference to the json object and I noticed that the path to the variable was incorrect.

When I use the dynamic variable within my expression I saw that it used

body('Folder_Information')?['ServerRelativeUrl']

, but the result value of the JSON object was stored within a parent "d" element. So I changed my generated expression to  

body('Folder_Information')?['d']?['ServerRelativeUrl']

and my value is now available within the action where I want to use it!

View solution in original post

ryanvb83

Thank you so much!  I've resolved the issue.  My issue was similar to yours but slightly different.  Instead, my original dynamic variable expression had an invalid parent element.  I have no idea where the parent element came from as it doesn't exist in the JSON response.

My original was: body('Parse_JSON_Action')?['content']?['field1']

I fixed it by removing the reference to [content].  I have no idea why that was in there.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,843)