cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mherrera21
Level: Powered On

Flow Prompting a Form in Teams not working

Hi, 

New to flow and teams in general. I am trying to create a flow where someone enters a message in a channel in teams and is prompted with a form to fill out. It is for a call center and the channel is for supervisor escalation requests so I would like the form to pop up so the person requesting can fill out the info and it be pasted in the chat in alll the same format. 

I think I have the flow right with the correct triggers/actions but I am doing something incorrectly and cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks 

pic.pngpic2.png

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Prompting a Form in Teams not working

@mherrera21 

It looks like you added two triggers to your flow sequentially. IN general, flow can support more than one trigger in the same fow, but in this case... not sure I understood the idea you plan to implement: are you expecting the form to be submitted via Teams?

If anybody solved your question, remember to mark its post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

mherrera21

Hi! Yes that is the idea. Someone would enter "Escalations" channel and post maybe the word escalations which would prompt the form to come up and be filled out. Does that make sense?

thanks 

Super User
Super User

@mherrera21 

Understood, thanks for the additional info. How do you plan to share survey URL to target user (i.e. the one that posted in the Teams channel)? As far as I see:

1.- Microsoft Forms flow connector does not include any option to obtain the survey URL, so I guess you have to get it "manually" in order to share it with the target user

2.- Microsoft Tems Flow connector does not seems to support posting direct messages to users  but to channels. In case somebody else answers the survey first, your second trigger will continue execution with the wrong user.

You also need some condition between the first trigger and the second one, if not, any message posted to your channel without word 'escalations' will expect the survey to be completed

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Hi again!

Maybe you can share the survey link via Post a message as the Flow Bot to a user action block

Also, if questions in your survey are a list of choice requests, you can deliver the survey with Teams action block instead of Microsoft Forms action blocks by means of Post a choice of options as the flow bot to a user. You can find an example on how to use this here

Anyway I would suggest you to split your flow in two:

-Flow#1 will manage the first trigger ('When a new channel message is added') and post a message back to the user with the survey link. You can also provide a unique ID in the post, and add a field in your survey so target user can write the "unique ID" received. Finally, you can store "email of the user requesting the survey" and answer status (pending) on a control table (implemented as sharepoint list, excel...) , optionally store "unique ID" in this table entry.

-Flow#2 will manage the second trigger ('when a new response is submitted'), then validate if either email or the unique ID match any entry from the control table, (with unique ID approach user can escalate several requests in paralel). If there is a match you can update answer status (answered) on the table entry, and do whatever processing you need.

Does it make sense for you?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

mherrera21

Thanks @efialttes I think that makes sense. Going to try it and can update if it works. Hopefully I can get it. Smiley Happy

mherrera21

@efialttes I am trying the flow bot you recommended but not with choices and instead text boxes that can be filled out. What steps am I missing to make this happen? How do I get it to launch in the channel?

flow.pngflow 2.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mherrera21 

You re using action block "Get messages", right? You should post instead of get

There are several action blocks to post messages in TEams, please read the connector documentation, or any of the videotutorials on this topic

Happy Flowing!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 238 members 4,508 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: