cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bahalzamon
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow Query Filter Date Range

Basically I am doing a Get Items and attempting to filter the data based on a date range. I have come across MANY different suggestions and have attempted them all with no luck.

Here is what I am working with:

From Date: Date Only

To Date: Date Only

The Get Items works properly with no query and returns everything, but I want to filter based on passed in dates.

Here is how it currently looks:

10-29-2020 10-25-03 AM.jpg

I have tried many different options for converting the date values such as datetime'fromDate' with no luck.

All I receive is the filter is not valid.

Thanks for any help. 😃

22 REPLIES 22

@scasselhas 

remove the 00:00, if you want that in there incorporate it into the formatDateTime, if you want to incorporate it you have a couple options.

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),-1),'MM-dd-yyyy hh:mm')

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#f...

but if you want the start of the day, I would use startOfDay as you can format it in there as well:

startOfDay(addDays(utcNow(),-1),'MM-dd-yyyy hh:mm')

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#s...

Actually the problem it that it only works with -1, any other number brings an empty list

I would check the error you are getting, for the date maybe put it within a compose operation to see what the end result is and the query being sent to the get items.

If you are expecting 10,000 entities returned then you would definitely turn on the pagination, I think its limit is 5,000 so you can most likely remove the top 10,000.

I think to go further into it I would need to see more of your process

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,480)