tbomar
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Run Failed - Approvals Related

Screen Shot Of PowerApp Fields:

tbomar_1-1648073276438.png

Screenshot of Flow

tbomar_0-1648072678863.png

Hello - I have a flow that works from a PowerApps call. But, now I'm trying to add an approval condition based upon a particular dropdown menu on PowerApp (which I have passing from a variable in flow). I tried doing a parallel action that says "If Shoregang is listed in Department field on PowerApp, then I want the approval process to lookup proper approvers on another SharePoint list. Then continue flow as normal.

Any ideas how to handle a simple condition request (I'm fairly new to PowerApps & Flow).

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @tbomar  I think your value that comes from PApps it's null or empty as the error message mention. Please remember that you need to retreive emails in assingers field to create the approval

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi, @ChristianAbata my Assigned to field on Approval actions contains variables (varApprovers) & (varApproversSG) on another.

im missing something/action to tell flow if department name not found, look on other Sharepoint list...just struggling how to do that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,931)