cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AB68
Frequent Visitor

Flow Running At Wrong Time

Hi,

I have a flow that should run at 9:00  am when there is an upcoming meeting. Only, it doesn't unless it's set to 13:00 pm. When I set the time to 9:00 am it runs at like 5:00 am. 

If I live in the U.S what should the time zone be set to? And do I need the Z in the start time field? 

AB68_0-1634738212975.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You've got two conflicting things going on here.  The 10:00PM you entered is recorded in UTC, which is 4 hours off Eastern time.  But you specify in the dropdown that you are in Pacific time which is 7 hours off UTC.  So instead of running at 10 in Eastern time it is delayed until 1 am which is 10 in Pacific time.  Set the time zone to Eastern in the dropdown and it should run when you expect it to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

For a recurrence flow the time is always based on UTC.  So if you are in the US Eastern time zone then you should set the time 4 hours later than the Eastern time that you want it to trigger.  Eastern time is currently UTC-4 due to Daylight savings.  9:00 AM in the UK is 5:00 AM on the US east coast.  That's what the 'Z' in the time field means.  It denotes it as UTC.

AB68
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @Pstork1!

So I ran the below flow last night at 10 but the email sent at 1:00 am. Is there an explanation for this?

AB68_0-1634739245285.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You've got two conflicting things going on here.  The 10:00PM you entered is recorded in UTC, which is 4 hours off Eastern time.  But you specify in the dropdown that you are in Pacific time which is 7 hours off UTC.  So instead of running at 10 in Eastern time it is delayed until 1 am which is 10 in Pacific time.  Set the time zone to Eastern in the dropdown and it should run when you expect it to.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,315)