cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbruns
Level: Powered On

Flow Sending Multiple Emails when only one should be sent

Here is my flow. I want to send only one email when a document or multiple documents are created, one time per day. What is happening is that I have mutliple Libraries and have the same flow for each one. A few work just fine and only send one email but there are others that send 2 emails. I have tried deleting and recreating with no luck. Please help me I have been struggling with this for 2 weeks. Thank you!

12-19-2018 4-44-54 PM.jpg12-19-2018 5-25-27 PM.jpg12-19-2018 4-45-07 PM.jpg12-19-2018 5-30-32 PM.jpg12-19-2018 5-31-45 PM.jpg12-19-2018 7-36-29 PM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Sending Multiple Emails when only one should be sent

Hi @Tbruns,

If you only want to send a message, the send an email action cannot be configured in Apply_to_each.

If you just want to send information about the file created today, you could use Created to compare it with utcNow().

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try with the following workaround.

Use Get files to get all the files and configure Filter array to filter the files created today.

Then configure this information in the Html table, and then determine whether there is a new file created today, if yes, send an email containing the file information.

Like:

65.PNG66.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tbruns,

If you only want to send a message, the send an email action cannot be configured in Apply_to_each.

If you just want to send information about the file created today, you could use Created to compare it with utcNow().

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try with the following workaround.

Use Get files to get all the files and configure Filter array to filter the files created today.

Then configure this information in the Html table, and then determine whether there is a new file created today, if yes, send an email containing the file information.

Like:

65.PNG66.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Tbruns

That worked! Now if I want to add another flow that sends email as soon as a document is created, when the choice column = Urgent, how would I do that?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tbruns,

What do you mean by configuring another Flow, when created a file and the choice column value is Urgent, need to send an email notification?

You could configure this like this:

67.PNG

Note: The Choice column needs to select Value to be populated in the Condition.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Tbruns

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @Tbruns,

What do you mean by configuring another Flow, when created a file and the choice column value is Urgent, need to send an email notification?

I have flow #1 that sends emails via Recurrence one time a day. I need flow #2 to send emails immediately when Date = Today's date and Urgent Column= Urgent. That is where I am stuck at. I have tried several ways to create the #2 flow and I continually get multiple emails being sent.

I want it #2 to be exactly like #1 except I want it to send the emails immediately when the two conditions are true.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tbruns,

If you want to monitor the eligible documents once they are created, then need to send an email notification, you could only receive multiple emails a day.

I have tried some test on my side, but it is almost impossible to do what you want.

I am afraid that your requirement cannot be achieved currently.

Best Regards,

Barry

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,711)