cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow - Sharepoint Doc Library - if approver edits document to send back to owner (reject)

I have a MS flow approval flow set up working fine if a document is approved and also if its rejected. However, if the approver receives the approve/reject email and then opens word and makes changes or comments within document and saves, the document then saves in draft status back to sharepoint. If the approver then clicks reject, flow will give an error as its draft status not pending status.

What can I add to the current flow to address this please?

1.png2.png3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow - Sharepoint Doc Library - if approver edits document to send back to owner (reject)

You are using the Content Approval status column for recording the approval.  That column is a holdover from the Publishing features. With publishing Content Approval only works for Major versions, not minor versions (draft).  So when the user edits and saves it back as a minor version the approval will throw exactly the kind of error you are seeing.  The fix is to either teach approvers to save as a major version before rejecting, or to accept the error and terminate the flow if they edit the document. Because of the way content approval is designed to work there really is no other workaround.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow - Sharepoint Doc Library - if approver edits document to send back to owner (reject)

You are using the Content Approval status column for recording the approval.  That column is a holdover from the Publishing features. With publishing Content Approval only works for Major versions, not minor versions (draft).  So when the user edits and saves it back as a minor version the approval will throw exactly the kind of error you are seeing.  The fix is to either teach approvers to save as a major version before rejecting, or to accept the error and terminate the flow if they edit the document. Because of the way content approval is designed to work there really is no other workaround.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thak you, thats very helpfulSmiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,535)