cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aussiejedi
Level: Powered On

Flow Step (Preview) fails to trigger the Flow from a BPF in a Dynamics Model Driven App

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour when attempting to kick off a Flow from a Business Process Flow in a Model Driven App.

I have a built a very simple Solution which consists of:

- A custom CDS entity

- A Business Process Flow which includes a Flow Step (Preview) action which is configured to trigger a Flow

- A Flow (the one configured to be triggered by Business Process Flow) which has a single trigger (When a record is selected (from my custom CDS entity) and a single action (a Compose - just for simplicity in testing))

- A Model-Driven App which includes the custom entity and the business process flow

When I run the model-driven app using the new Edge Dev (Chromium), the Run Flow button works as expected and allows me to run the Flow.

Working_RunFlow.jpg

After selecting Run flow from within the BPF, the overlay window appears as below, allowing me to successfully kick off the Flow. Note that the title of the overlay window is 'Login Successful'.
Working_RunFlowWindow.jpg
However, if I use any other browser (Chrome, IE11, Edge (not Chromium)), when I select Run Flow from the BPF, I briefly see an overlay window appear, but it is blank (other than the title 'Login to flow'). This overlay window then disappears.

NotWorking_RunFlowWindow.jpg
After the overlay window disappears, the BPF reports that the Flow is 'Processing', however, the Flow has not started and does not appear in the Flow History.
NotWorking_RunFlowBPFStatus.jpg

I asked a colleague to test the behaviour and they have experienced the exact same behaviour as me (the Flow triggers correctly from Edge (Chromium) [in their case Canary], but not in any other browser. Interestingly, I have another machine where even in Edge Dev (Chromium) the Flow will not trigger and the overlay window simply disappears.

I have tried running Fiddler traces and (Dev Tools) Network traces but have not seen any failed calls or errors that indicate the underlying issue.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Thanks!

David

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Step (Preview) fails to trigger the Flow from a BPF in a Dynamics Model Driven App

Hi @aussiejedi,

Sorry, I never met this issue, there is a document about Instant flows in business process flows, hope it can help you something:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april19/microsoft-flow/instant-...

This feature is still in preview so it would be some shortcomings and faults, you could wait for a while, and then use it after this function is more perfect. We will pay attention to your feedback, and if this is a widespread issue, we will report it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SamWallis
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow Step (Preview) fails to trigger the Flow from a BPF in a Dynamics Model Driven App

Hey @v-litu-msft,

I'm also experiencing this bug across multiple browsers. 

This will become urgent soon as we prepare for product deployments.

An acknowledgement of the issue and ETA / at least commitment to fix from the Dynamics team would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,979)