cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
augustomb

Flow That When a Excel File is Created on Sharepoint Reads Through Column, Gets Necessary Rows and Creates New Excel File With These Rows

Hello there!

I'm sorry if this sounds easy but I have searched for a while now and couldn't find an answer for it so I decided to ask for help in here.

Right now we have two sectors (let's say Sector A and Sector B) and when Sector A creates a new file and there's information that must be analyzed by Sector B, they must filter Sector A's excel file with those information, send it to sector B and then sector B must copy and paste the necessary rows in order to do their job.

So my manager decided it must now work in a specific way that sounds easy but I can't figure out how to do it, which is the following:

All the files will now be Stored in Sharepoint. There will be a Folder for Sector A and one folder for Sector B. When Sector A creates a new excel file, there will now be a new column in which they must point out with a "X" which information must go to Sector B. So when they drop this file in Sector A's folder, Flow must read through it, searching for the "X" in that column, then get those rows and create a new excel file in Sector B's folder, containing only the rows marked with an "X".

To clarify it, there's an simplified visualization bellow:

So when Sector A drops an excel file like this one on Sector A's folder on Sharepoint:

NameAgeInterest Must Go To Sector B
John31Soccer 
Maria 18Dancing X
Edward20MusicX
Ashley30Baseball 
Joanna25ArtsX

Flow must read through the column "Must Go to Sector B", get those rows with an "X" then create the following excel file on Sector B's folder

NameAgeInterest Action TakenClient's Answer
Maria 18Dancing   
Edward20Music  
Joanna25Arts  

Thank you very much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
MIREK1983
Frequent Visitor

Hi

You need to make sure that the data will be marked in the sector A file in to a Excel Table.

If you use Excel connector you can filter the table rows with "X" to get the needed data.

The filtered data can then be passed in to a new excel file in to a new Table.

You can dynamically create the table and get the new Id of the table then pass the data into the table with Excel script or the Excel connector actions like add a row etc...

How to create in cloud a new excel file please check my post in the community:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/HOW-TO-CREATE-EXCEL-WORKBOOK-IN-A-CLOUD-I-SHARE-M...

Hope this could help 😉

Can you please give me more details about how can I filter the table rows with "X"? This is mainly where I'm struggling at right now.

Great post by the way (How to Create Excel Woorkbook in a Cloud), really helpful, thanks.

Hi,

Please use the ODATA filter function like in my example 😉

MIREK1983_0-1616683770469.png

In you case you need to write in the filter Column eq 'X' or Column eq 'x'

Hope this helps 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,175)