cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow Triggered by Date Condition

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to build a flow that looks up a a customer date field in a SharePoint called Renewal Date. If the Renewal date matches the current date the flow should then send an email to the email address associated with that row. I have been trying to use utcnow to lookup the current date however I am struggling to use this function and have not been able to get it to work thus far. Is this something that is possible?

Kind regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi chrism90,

Please try to add a Condition in your flow to check if the “Renewal Date” is equal to Current date.

I have created a flow to test this issue, hope it could be a reference for you.

In the Condition, I use formatDateTime function to format utcnow so that it has the same format with the date in my list.

Besides, you could use a Compose action to get the correct format of the Date column in your list if you don’t know.

This flow works fine on my side. You could adjust it according to your needs.

3.PNG

For more details about Workflow definition language, please check the doc at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Yamao,

I can see how you can compare a date in a list to today, but is there a way to say if expiration is 2 weeks away?  I need to figure out how to do a DATEADD()

In other words, if the item expires 2/28/2018, I should be geting an email starting tommorrow.

TIA,

Joe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,146)