cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Won't Grab Dynamic Column Items?

I can't wrap my head around this. Can someone save me?

I have a 'schedule list' with Column=("Shift Start Time") and Column=("Shift End Time"). These values are populated with the user's shift start and end time.

I then have another Column called "OnClock" which uses a json format to calculate @NOW and checks if NOW is within the timeframe and set's the value to "Yes" or "No"

My Flow get's when a new item is created (in seperate list) --> Get employee's who's OnClock (using odata filter) is set to "Yes" however it won't work. In fact it doesn't return anything.

Flow:

flow1.png

flow2.png

flow3.png

Results:

flow4.png

What this is supposed to do is grab the user who's lastticket was furthest away (earlier) and assign a new ticket to him (IF OnClock = "Yes") but it's not grabbing anything.

My employee list shows the value of "Yes" or "No" from afar but opening the item just shows a blank value.

Employee list:

flow5.png

But when I open it OnClock item is blank?

flow6.png

It won't grab the data since it's blank. The json format is what's causing it to show Yes or No but in reality the item value is blank.

How can I work around this so my flow can query correctly? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jspeer1 :

Could you tell me what OnClock is? Is it a Yes/No column?

If OnClock is a Yes/No column. The Filter Query should be:

OnClock eq 1

v-bofeng-msft_0-1607673756381.png

Best Regards,

Bof

@v-bofeng-msft 

Hi,

The column is plain text. 

The column is setup with conditional formatting and has JSON which is what essentially chooses "Yes" or "No".

The value however if I open my item is empty (as shown above)

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (95,099)