cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcronic
Frequent Visitor

Flow action for Move Or Rename File "The resource could not be found."

I have a flow that triggers when a new email comes to my inbox with a specific file attachment. It then moves and renames a file in a one drive location then places the specific email file attachment in the one drive location that the moved file was in. They both initially have the same name before the file is renamed and moved. The flow runs successfully the first time, but fails after than and will not run past the first instance. I'm looking for an alternative solution or a workaround to make this process work. 

FileNotFound.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Kcronic,

I would recommend using 'Move or rename a file using path'. As 'Move or rename a file' is tracked by the unique identifier of the file. That's why your flow runs successfully the first time, but fails after than because Flow cannot find previous file id any more.  
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onedriveforbusiness/#move-or-rename-a-file

Johnnyg_0-1597563455958.png

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Kcronic,

I would recommend using 'Move or rename a file using path'. As 'Move or rename a file' is tracked by the unique identifier of the file. That's why your flow runs successfully the first time, but fails after than because Flow cannot find previous file id any more.  
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onedriveforbusiness/#move-or-rename-a-file

Johnnyg_0-1597563455958.png

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

kcronic
Frequent Visitor

Doesn't look like that works either. When I tried I get a new error. New Error.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,474)