cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnr415

Flow add yammer feed on item created/modified

Hi -

I'm trying to create a poc to add a yammer feed when an item is created/updated to a list. Works well, but irrespective who adds the list item, flow always adds a feed as me (I'm the author of the flow). Do we have a way to add a feed as a user who added the item to list i.e. if xyz adds a new list item and flow should create a new feed as 'xyz' 

Appreciate any help here.  

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jnr415,

Which action are you using to add a Yammer feed? Is it the action “Yammer – Post message”?

I create a simple flow to try to post message to Yammer when an item in SharePoint list is created or modified.

In the Message Text field, I select the dynamic contents “Created by DisplayName” and “Modified by DisplayName”.

Then when an item is created or modified, the user name who created/modified the item will be displayed in the Yammer message.

3.PNG

Please show me a screenshot of your flow so that I can reproduce the issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel Mao -

Thank you for your response.

Dynamic content in the message looks okay.

Capture.PNG

When an item is created or modified, I was hoping it'd add a yammer feed as the person who created/modified the item (i.e. below highlighted should be person who changed item and not the flow owner.)

Capture1.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again !

Hi jnr415,

Thanks for your clarification. I got what you mean. But I have to say that it is currently a default behavior.

The yammer feed will be posted based on the account name of the connection but not the name of the person who created/modified the item in SharePoint list.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,545)