Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jnr415
Level: Power Up

Flow add yammer feed on item created/modified

Hi -

I'm trying to create a poc to add a yammer feed when an item is created/updated to a list. Works well, but irrespective who adds the list item, flow always adds a feed as me (I'm the author of the flow). Do we have a way to add a feed as a user who added the item to list i.e. if xyz adds a new list item and flow should create a new feed as 'xyz' 

Appreciate any help here.  

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow add yammer feed on item created/modified

Hi jnr415,

Which action are you using to add a Yammer feed? Is it the action “Yammer – Post message”?

I create a simple flow to try to post message to Yammer when an item in SharePoint list is created or modified.

In the Message Text field, I select the dynamic contents “Created by DisplayName” and “Modified by DisplayName”.

Then when an item is created or modified, the user name who created/modified the item will be displayed in the Yammer message.

3.PNG

Please show me a screenshot of your flow so that I can reproduce the issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jnr415
Level: Power Up

Hi Mabel Mao -

Thank you for your response.

Dynamic content in the message looks okay.

Capture.PNG

When an item is created or modified, I was hoping it'd add a yammer feed as the person who created/modified the item (i.e. below highlighted should be person who changed item and not the flow owner.)

Capture1.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again !

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi jnr415,

Thanks for your clarification. I got what you mean. But I have to say that it is currently a default behavior.

The yammer feed will be posted based on the account name of the connection but not the name of the person who created/modified the item in SharePoint list.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 444 members 6,202 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: