cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnr415

Flow add yammer feed on item created/modified

Hi -

I'm trying to create a poc to add a yammer feed when an item is created/updated to a list. Works well, but irrespective who adds the list item, flow always adds a feed as me (I'm the author of the flow). Do we have a way to add a feed as a user who added the item to list i.e. if xyz adds a new list item and flow should create a new feed as 'xyz' 

Appreciate any help here.  

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jnr415,

Which action are you using to add a Yammer feed? Is it the action “Yammer – Post message”?

I create a simple flow to try to post message to Yammer when an item in SharePoint list is created or modified.

In the Message Text field, I select the dynamic contents “Created by DisplayName” and “Modified by DisplayName”.

Then when an item is created or modified, the user name who created/modified the item will be displayed in the Yammer message.

3.PNG

Please show me a screenshot of your flow so that I can reproduce the issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel Mao -

Thank you for your response.

Dynamic content in the message looks okay.

Capture.PNG

When an item is created or modified, I was hoping it'd add a yammer feed as the person who created/modified the item (i.e. below highlighted should be person who changed item and not the flow owner.)

Capture1.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again !

Hi jnr415,

Thanks for your clarification. I got what you mean. But I have to say that it is currently a default behavior.

The yammer feed will be posted based on the account name of the connection but not the name of the person who created/modified the item in SharePoint list.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (2,704)