cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoguet
Frequent Visitor

Flow based on Azure ad group

Hi!

I am planning to create a flow on request to our HR department.

The goal is to launch an approval worflow on each new user of a specific AD Group for him to accept the general rules of usage.

I was thinking about getting the list of users using the "Azure AD get group members" component to populate a list of users to which I'll add fields regarding the approving status, datetime, comments... and trigger the approval worflow from new items in this list.

My main question is: 

is there a way to get only new members of the AD Group?

Another option would be to get the full list at each run (even if not very efficient) and check if the user already exists in the list or not, but I can't figure out how.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dgoguet 

You could try to us the Azure AD Graph API and the get the most recent added users to Azure AD using the user:delta operation.

To use the Graph API inside a flow, please read this great article by Laura Kokkarinen.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgoguet
Frequent Visitor

I seem to have found the solution for the second option, even if really not effective, as we have +700 users.

So, question still open for:

is there a way to get only new members of the AD Group?

Hello @dgoguet 

You could try to us the Azure AD Graph API and the get the most recent added users to Azure AD using the user:delta operation.

To use the Graph API inside a flow, please read this great article by Laura Kokkarinen.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

dgoguet
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (37,969)