cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alopez222
Helper III
Helper III

Flow being triggered when it shouldnt

I have a when an item is created or modified trigger and for some reason the flow gets triggered around 6 to 7 times moments after turning it on. I take a look at the runs and it says that I have modified the flows. Now it makes sense for the flow to be triggered if I modified it but I havent modified all of them, only one of them. Why is it being triggered multiple times?

My Flow:

alopez222_0-1651516098718.png

3 REPLIES 3
Heartholme
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @alopez222

In my experience there can be a buildup of items in a backlog when you deactivate a flow and then activate it again, I've had a similar thing happen to me when I deactivated a flow which triggered on an email, and activated the flow again and it ran 10 times. I can't find any official documentation on this.

If this is unrelated to deactivating/activating, my best advice is to change the trigger to "When a filed is created", this will for some reason stop the creation of multiple workloads, reference to @sudosaurus here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/RESOLVED-Flow-running-multiple-times-for-when-bul....

Please let me know if you have any further questions 😊

{ Please click Accept as solution ✔ if my post answered your question. }
{ This will in turn help others find solutions to similar questions. }

Best Regards
Heartholme

Okay understood, but as far as the trigger goes, I'm try to have the flow be triggered only when there has been a modification which is why I have the When an item is created or modified trigger. 

Heartholme
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@alopez222 

I will look into this tomorrow, other relevant information is this post by @Luka84 :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Automated-SharePoint-Item-Edit-Flow-launc...

You might have a similar issue with some value not being updated from your flow, and replace that with:

Heartholme_3-1651523588633.png

Please check that out and look into the trigger action of your multiple flows to see if you see a pattern and let me know 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,790)