cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow cannot use a Child Flow because they are in different Subscription despite being in same Solution

When I'm saving a Flow which needs to call a child-flow, I'm getting an error to indicate that this flow is in a different subscription. The error message suggests that I need to move the subscription, however, there is no way to do that within Power Automate.

I'm trying to understand why when:

• Both this flow and the child-flow it's calling are in the same Power Platform environment
  • They are both within the same Solution
  • Other flows are able to successfully call this same sub-flow

Error message

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"InvalidOpenApiFlow","message":"Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowUnderWrongSubscription' and message 'The child workflow '{workflowIdWasHere}' must be under the same subscription as the parent workflow.

The only thing that I can think of which is different about this flow is that it was created by me doing a SAVE AS on another one in the same solution. Could that be the problem?

There are 60-70 actions in the flow and would rather not need to have to start again.  I've resolved a few issues that way recently, but would like to avoid that.

How do I change the subscription of a flow? Any other ideas? Or is there an issue with Power Automate here?

mrDZ5

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Flow cannot use a Child Flow because they are in different Subscription despite being in same Solution

Hi @mattybear 

Have you tried the export/import the Power Automate to the correct subscription?

If this is solved already please share the solution so that we can all learn from you :).

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Flow cannot use a Child Flow because they are in different Subscription despite being in same Solution

@mattybear, did you ever find a solution for this?

Both of our solutions were created in the same environment, but Flow still gives the error.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

We are facing same issue and dont want to recreate flow.

Please share if you have any solutions or workarounds.

Highlighted

I have faced this error and solved. 

I failed to save the flow with new component (run child flow). But when I exported and imported back the flow. And added back to the solution. It saved successfully with the new run child flow component.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

My parent Flow was created before the Solution, and then imported in.  The fix for me was to recreate the parent flow in the solution, then it worked fine.  

I appreciate this can be a lot of work but you can bundle up a lot of steps into a number of Scope objects, and then save them to the clipboard to copy across which speeds things up considerably

Highlighted

@AndyTuke1 , Thanks for your suggestion of recreating flow in solution.

It helped me solve issue with my case by doing exact opposite, creating the common flow outside of the solution instead of recreating working flows again.

My issue was that most of my flows (around 15) were created before adding them to the solution so recreating them would take long time. Instead to resolve this issue, I created a flow with common logic outside of solution (where other flows were created initially) and added it to solution. Now I am able to save and work with the flow properly.

This can help someone with similar kind of issue. If you have requirement of creating more new flows which uses the same common flow you can have a new flow (v2) with similar actions which is created in the solution it self. So new flows will use this v2 flow and old ones can continue with v1. This can be headache but can reduce the overhead required for recreating all existing flows.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

WorkflowUnderWrongSubscription also occurs when you create a Flow here:

pbo_0-1601742770220.png

and import it to your solution and use there a child flow.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

tedRe: Flow cannot use a Child Flow because they are in different Subscription despite being in same Solution

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue. I have created flow outside of the solution, directly under flows. Later added this flow to the solution and added an action to call child flow. On save, it is throwing the following error, "Flow save failed with code 'WorkflowUnderWrongSubscription' and message The child workflow must be under the same subscription as the parent workflow. ". 

I exported the flow solution and imported again. but still no luck. Can you please help me in understanding how did you export and reimport the flow, via CRM solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,572)