cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Flow condition applied to variation of a word

Dear all, 

I want to apply a flow condition to look for all words that contain specific root word instead of writing each word separately in a condition e.g. for Breach, I want to look for breach, breaches, breached in the same condition. 

Is this possible using flow? 

Please let me know if I need to be more clear. 

Best,

Annie

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Fnu  you can use conditions like this

cond.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata 

Thank you for your response. That's how I am doing it currently, but I want to avoid creating too many conditions. I was wondering if I could use a single condition instead of creating more than one. 

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breach')

@Fnu  you can do it like this

if(contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breach') or contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breachs') or contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breaches'), 'True', 'False')

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata,

if(contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breach') is true then 2 other "contains" are useless.

oh shure @VictorIvanidze  I made a mistake is like you can use if inside if like this

if(contains('Breach, breahed, breahred','Breach'),'Yes',if(contains('Breach, breahed, breahred','breahed'),'Yes',if(contains('Breach, breahed, breahred','breahred'),'Yes','No')))

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @Fnu ,

does it fit your requirements:

@contains(variables('yourStringVar'), 'breach')

or I misunderstood you?

Hi @VictorIvanidze ,

A little confused as to where this will be entered. 

Currently, I am looking for variables of breach in a sharepoint 'Title' field and because flow is case sensitive I'm turning all the string to lower case. 

Where am I supposed to enter the text you've mentioned? is it in the right box? what am I supposed to enter for 'yourStringVar'?Screenshot_1.jpg 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,564)