cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow condition for SharePoint list based on multiple value choice field

I feel like this should be easy, but I am failing to find out how to get this to work. 

Basically I have list on SharePoint, and it has a choice column that is Checkboxes (to allow multiple selections, right).

Without getting into too many specifics, I want to make a Flow that will send an email notification to myself if one of the choices is not selected.

So the list item could have between 0-5 choices selected, but I only want to get an email if say Choice #1 is not checked. 

How would I build the flow to do this?

EDIT: I am an extream flow novice, so please explain how to even do with like step by step and pictures are a huge plus. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @NatashaRae 

Ok so make it even easy then

Use Filter data operations action

For the from property - select you dynamic value of choice field

Then for the condition use followign expression

item()?['value']      is equal to       Choice 1

where Choice 1 is the value which you want to check exists or not

next just check length of filter output
if length(filteroutput) is 0 that means it was not selected
If length(filteroutput) is 1 then selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @NatashaRae 

So check the choice value #1 is true then under the yes part don't do anthing. For the no part you can add a flow step for sending email.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@NatashaRae 

Since it ids a multi choice field the resulting object in flow for that field will be an array

So the easiset thing to do would be to use expressions

just add a condition and check the length of that column

example:

length(dynamiccontentcolumnname)   is equal to  0

so if length is 0 - that means no chocie selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@abm 

ok how do I check if just the choice value #1 is true?

So far my efforts, it will check each and send me an email for every other checked box that is not Choice #1. 

@RezaDorrani 

I'm not sure that will help me, the item could be updated to have choice #2 and #5 checked, so I would still want to know that #1 is still unchecked.

I only want to know when an item is updated if one specific choice is still unchecked. 

And I have no idea what you mean by array or the impact that has...

Hi @NatashaRae 

Here is it. 

First declare a variable called IsFound boolean type. Here Sports is my multi-choice column. Pass this to the apply each loop and set the varaible value to true or false. Finally outside the apply each loop you can check the value whether it's found or not.

ar10.png

There might be another way doing this. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

@abm 

I'm sorry, I think that image got compressed to a point that I can not read it or I just don't know how to view images... I'm feeling super dumb and defeated today

Here is what I got so far from what I can read;

Untitled.png

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @NatashaRae 

Ok so make it even easy then

Use Filter data operations action

For the from property - select you dynamic value of choice field

Then for the condition use followign expression

item()?['value']      is equal to       Choice 1

where Choice 1 is the value which you want to check exists or not

next just check length of filter output
if length(filteroutput) is 0 that means it was not selected
If length(filteroutput) is 1 then selected

View solution in original post

@RezaDorrani  and @abm 

Thank you both for dealing with my ineptitude. I don't know all the tools in Flow's tool kit, let alone how to use them.

And I know it's not your fault the GUI is so inefficient with space making it so hard to read in screenshots after compression.

I did get it to work after adding the Filter Data step as described.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,660)