Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
knguyen
Level: Powered On

Flow condition: when a checkbox is selected send an email

Hello,

I have a checkbox on Powerapps call "xxx Access" with value "checkbox1_10" and field name "xxx Access Disable" on my list.

I want to trigger an email using flow condition when the checkbox is checked on my powerapps form.  However, on flows it seem to be bypassing that condition. 

On my list, the field column does show "true" when the checkbox is selected. 

flow5.JPG

flow3.JPGflow4.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow condition: when a checkbox is selected send an email

Hi @knguyen,

Could you please share a bit more about your PowerApps app?

Could you please share a screentshot of your flow's configuration?

Which data type is the "Fred Access Disabble" column that mentioned in your SharePoint list?

Further, do you want to fire the flow when a new item is created in your SharePoint list or just when the checkbox is checked on your PowerApps app?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:16.JPG

Note: The IsExpired column is Yes/No type column, the TaskName column is a Single line of text type column and the Executor column is a Person or Group type column.

If you want to fire the flow when a new item is created in your SharePoint list, I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. My flow's configuration as below:18.JPG

19.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:20.JPG

If you want to fire the flow just when the checkbox is checked on your PowerApps app, please use the PowerApps trigger as the trigger of your flow. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:21.JPGWithin Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the folliowing formula:

@equals(triggerBody()['Condition_ObjectName'], 'true')

Note: Within Condition box, right input box set to Ask in PowerApps dynamic content of the trigger.

Within my PowerApps app, select the Edit Screen. Find the Checkbox field (The Yes/No type column in my SharePoitn list is decorated as a toggle control within Edit Screen of my PowerApps app):22.JPG

Select the Toggle control, then click "Unlock to change properties" in right panel. Select OnCheck property and then click Flows buuton within Action tab. Within Flows lists, choose your flow:23.JPG

Within OnCheck property, type the following formula:

'20180214_case5_2'.Run(DataCardValue12.Value)

24.JPG

When you check the Checkbox in your PowerApps app, the flow works successfully as below:25.JPG

More details about start a flow in an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow in an app

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @knguyen,

Could you please share a bit more about your PowerApps app?

Could you please share a screentshot of your flow's configuration?

Which data type is the "Fred Access Disabble" column that mentioned in your SharePoint list?

Further, do you want to fire the flow when a new item is created in your SharePoint list or just when the checkbox is checked on your PowerApps app?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:16.JPG

Note: The IsExpired column is Yes/No type column, the TaskName column is a Single line of text type column and the Executor column is a Person or Group type column.

If you want to fire the flow when a new item is created in your SharePoint list, I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. My flow's configuration as below:18.JPG

19.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:20.JPG

If you want to fire the flow just when the checkbox is checked on your PowerApps app, please use the PowerApps trigger as the trigger of your flow. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:21.JPGWithin Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the folliowing formula:

@equals(triggerBody()['Condition_ObjectName'], 'true')

Note: Within Condition box, right input box set to Ask in PowerApps dynamic content of the trigger.

Within my PowerApps app, select the Edit Screen. Find the Checkbox field (The Yes/No type column in my SharePoitn list is decorated as a toggle control within Edit Screen of my PowerApps app):22.JPG

Select the Toggle control, then click "Unlock to change properties" in right panel. Select OnCheck property and then click Flows buuton within Action tab. Within Flows lists, choose your flow:23.JPG

Within OnCheck property, type the following formula:

'20180214_case5_2'.Run(DataCardValue12.Value)

24.JPG

When you check the Checkbox in your PowerApps app, the flow works successfully as below:25.JPG

More details about start a flow in an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow in an app

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mxh7875
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msftI am trying to do this with an existing Sharepoint list, Triggered by recurrence and using Get Items.  It's supposed to send an email for every item that meets the condition, but it sends an email for every item, regardless of the condition.  I'd post a screenshot, but that's apparently not an option for my account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 206 members 5,340 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: