Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorreyFalconer
Helper IV
Helper IV

Flow continuously firing/triggering

Hey friends, 

So we have this flow (pictures attached), and it is working however, it literally fires continuously, it never stops.  My only thought is maaaaybe it's the HTTP request action, as I don't have much experience with that one, but apart from that, I'm very confused. If any of you have any thoughts to offer upon review, that would be very appreciated 🙂

docsetloop1marked.pngdocsetloop2marked.pngdocsetloop3marked.pngdocsetloop4marked.pngdocsetloop5marked.pngdocsetloop6marked.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rocamp
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TorreyFalconer ,

I see a lot 'Update item' actions and other actions that could be monitoring the same list, but I can't tell if it's updating the same list in the trigger since it is blanked out.

If you use the trigger 'When an item is created or modified' and then in the same Flow create or modify an item in that list, then it is going to trigger the Flow again and run in a continuous loop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @TorreyFalconer  Unfortunally it's not a way to do when an item is modified again.

Maeby you can filter your answer but you need to get the item details to do that.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
rocamp
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TorreyFalconer ,

I see a lot 'Update item' actions and other actions that could be monitoring the same list, but I can't tell if it's updating the same list in the trigger since it is blanked out.

If you use the trigger 'When an item is created or modified' and then in the same Flow create or modify an item in that list, then it is going to trigger the Flow again and run in a continuous loop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,200)