cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Flow - copy SharePoint list item to Access, then delete the SharePoint list item

Hi everyone.  Have a bit of a problem I'm hoping to get help with.

I have a SharePoint list that has reached it's 5k limit and it's causing me some issues.  I'm hoping I can create a flow so after say 60 days of the SP item being created, it copies the item to Access then deletes the SP item.  That way Access can be my main storage hub and the SP list remains useable.

I can do a normal link between Access and SP but when I delete the SP item, it also deletes the item from Access so that won't work.

Would Flow work?  Anyone know of a good blog/writeup that can walk me through the steps?

Thank you for looking!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bryanc78 ,

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The expression in the Condition as below:

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),-60),'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')

Please take a try and let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I don't think there is a connector available for Access, so you can't really use Flow to archive list items to Access.  You could do the same thing using an Azure SQL database or several other databases for which there are Flow connectors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @bryanc78 

You can create another SharePoint list for archiving your items after 60 days

Flow has actions for copy and move items which will help you ahcieve that

5k item limit issue is only in views. You cna create column indexes (upto 20) for filtering and sorting data in Views.

Moreoever, in modern SharePoint lists, intelligent indexing capability manages the index creating automatically

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted

yes, the views help but my main view on the main list I have a problem with sorts by a calculated coumn and a name column and those columns are causing problems now that the list is over 5k.

Is there a good blog that can walk me through this?  I'm assuming I need to make a new "archive" list that mirrors my main list.  Then create a flow that copies and deletes the SP item.  Is there a flow template for this situation?

Highlighted

Hi @bryanc78 

If you have created a Content Type for your main list

You can just quickly create an archive list based on the same Content Type

This would ensure that both your main list and archived list are always in sync - in terms of columns

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bryanc78 ,

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The expression in the Condition as below:

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),-60),'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')

Please take a try and let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.  We just decided to use a flow to copy the item to a separate SP list then delete the original one. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,573)