Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna2109
Helper I
Helper I

Flow- create calendar event-without creating a new event to my calendar

Hello,

I built a flow which is triggered from a SP list.

This list contains different training sessions that our staff book their place.

So I have built a PowerApp which admin team uses to set up a new training session and it is connected to a SP list. And a 2nd PowerApp which is being used from our staff to book their place and it is connected to another SP list.

Every time that someone books its place to the training session a calendar event is being set up to this person's account. The issue is that the same calendar event will be added to my account, I assume that this happens because I am the creator of the flow. I get to my account and delete the events this will cancel the event from other people's calendar.

Please find below the flow that I have created. Is it possibly to fix it?

flow.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anna2109 ,

Yes, if you create the flow, the connection account is yours in the created event, you couldn't delete the event if you don't want the event to be canceled from the other people's calendar, and there is no alternative way in the scenes.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @anna2109 

As @v-alzhan-msft explained, that's not possible.

You can vote to add this functionality in Power Automate in the following link: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Create-events-in-another-persons-calendar/i...

Hope it helps,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Isn't there any workaround where I could create an event from the 1st sharepoint list and then add the attendees every time that a new item is created to the 2nd sharepoint list?

The 1st SP list is when a new training course is being created and the 2nd SP list is when someone has booked their interest to the training course.

Many Thanks

Hello @anna2109 

In which calendar do you want to create the event?

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hello fchopo

I've a built a PowerApps from which the employees can book their training course and data are saved in a SP list. A flow triggered from the items that are created to the SP list creates a calendar event to the individual's outlook. The flow works perfectly fine for the individuals but at the same time/date a calendar event will be created in my outlook as well, possibly because I am the creator of the flow. So my outlook looks like I have multiple events. If I try to delete those from my calendar, then this action will cancel the event from the individuals calendar.

Many Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (883)