cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJMitton

Flow creating tasks in planner - getting timings right

I'm setting up a flow that reads an excel table, then creating a task for each entry in the table.

The table looks like this:

Bucket Name

Task Name

Progress

Priority

Assigned To

Created By

Day of week

Start Time

Due Time

Description

Daily Tasks

Daily Task 1 - Monday

Not started

Medium

my@email.com

my@email.com

1st Daily Task added by Excel

The schedule is planned to start on a Sunday at 4am.  The Day of the week, 1 is Monday, 2 is Tuesday, etc.

When the (planner) 'create a task' step runs the start / due uses the following expression to set up the correct day:
addDays(utcNow(),int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Day of week']))

I then update the description after a delay, then using the 'Update a task (V2)' want to add in the 'timings' so the tasks appear in the correct order for the day:

addHours(body('create_a_task')?['startDateTime'],int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Start Time']))

and

addHours(body('create_a_task')?['dueDateTime'],int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Due Time']))

This works... sort of!

As the tasks are scheduled to run at 4am the timings run from when the actual task is created, so some the tasks for later in the day are running over to the following day.

When I create the initial start / due dates how can I force it to 00:00?

I'm going to be running similar flows for a variety of teams / planners and want to stagger when the run. 

Also in planner and when you view it in Outlook as a linked iCalendar can the tasks be seen across there times, not as an 'all day' task?

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @CJMitton 

As I understood, you need to remove the time from some date fields. You can do it using the following expression:

addDays(utcNow(),int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Day of week']),'yyyy-MM-dd')

On the other hand, if a planner task starts in one day and finishes on another different one, you will see the event as a full day one in Outlook/iCal.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (20,685)