cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schneider
Level: Powered On

Flow desktop app

Hello guys!

Any idea on releasing a Flow dedicated desktop app? It would be much appreciated. Like Power Bi app.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow desktop app

Hi,

I can't see flow will be releasing a desktop app (my opinion). The whole idea is to connect the online services using a browser and set of templates or custom API templates. If you are thinking about data protection then read up on Flow DLP (Data Loss Prevention Policies).

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Schneider

Hello @abm! Thanks for your reply.

I'm not a programmer but very enthusiastic SharePoint Designer user. It is great to create workflows and easy to learn.

Since SPD latest version is 2013 and MS announced that they will no longer update this app, I was wondering how power users will create workflows inside SharePoint Online. Maybe Flow would be the next step? It could be, it has all the potential to do so.

It is a bit confusing to me, sorry.

Maybe with a desktop app like SPD it would be a more stable solution to work with.

Thanks!

Super User
Super User

Hi Schneider,

Yes there are lots of SharePoint workflow integrations do via Microsoft Flows.  Again there are limitations as well. Currently flow doesn't support choice field list updates or create. Hope these features will be available soon in Microsoft Flows.

There are some good reads from the following links.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-and-flow/

https://blogs.office.com/2016/10/31/sharepoint-welcomes-powerapps-and-microsoft-flow/

Good luck

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Schneider,

Thanks for the ideas.

You may take a try to submit an idea about releasing a Flow dedicated desktop app in the following website:

Microsoft Flow ideas

In addition, please also check the article below which talks about the future of SharePoint:

The Future of SharePoint

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
I_like_PI

I added a similar request to the Flow Ideas but got no love.

Flow Desktop please like power-BI

Pass me an upvote or send me a link to your Idea request and I will bump yours.

For certain flows, that check often, it would be nice to keep it to a desktop where you wont kill your flow count. If you look at some of my other posts I've been sidelined for the past 2 weeks by an email flow that pinned my flow count in less than a day of monitoring with only 9 actual events. I currently do a lot of task scheduler scripts and would be happy to use this as a desktop app.

Schneider

Done!

Highlighted
vinodj
Level: Power Up

But there should be one because there are still everyone using all the Office apps on their PC 

It would be awesome to create a flow from Outlook to OneNote or to Word or something else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,616)