cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctw
Level: Powered On

Flow email items added based on time

Hello,

I'm trying to make a flow that will get newly created items from a SharePoint list in the past 24 hours and then include the data included with just those changes. This is coming from a big list that a few different Apps use, but I just want to pull out the values and include them in the email based off the time that they were made. I think I'm going on the right path, but I can't tell how it will only get the items from the time frame.

2019-07-31 14_16_06-PowerApps.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow email items added based on time

Hi @ctw 

You are on the correct path. To get the items created in the last 24 hours only, you can modify the condtion as Created greater than or equal to addDays(utcNow(),-1). 

Also, rather than using the condition statement, and checking each and every item returned you can simply use the ODATA filter query in the get items action itself. 

Created ge 'addDays(utcNow(),-1)'tet.PNG

This will only return the items created in the last 24 hours. Note that this action returns a list of 100 items max. You can increase the count in the action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @ctw 

You are on the correct path. To get the items created in the last 24 hours only, you can modify the condtion as Created greater than or equal to addDays(utcNow(),-1). 

Also, rather than using the condition statement, and checking each and every item returned you can simply use the ODATA filter query in the get items action itself. 

Created ge 'addDays(utcNow(),-1)'tet.PNG

This will only return the items created in the last 24 hours. Note that this action returns a list of 100 items max. You can increase the count in the action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ctw ,

As @yashag2255  siad, you should modify your Condition to Created is greater than or equal to the addDays(utcNow(),-1) and then you flow should work.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ctw
Level: Powered On

At the suggestion of my supervisor I'm now attempting to get the get the items, set an array variable, and then filter the array into a CSV table in order to filter the data properly. The sources are from different apps I've made but live in the same list so I'm trying this approach to better filter and then display the data into the email, so wish me luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 216 members 3,332 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: