cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anneaz
Frequent Visitor

Flow email shows too many decimals

Hi all

I'm fairly new to MS Flow and have a simple approval flow I'm having issues with. Its working and sending the email etc but because the fields in my Sharepoint list are calculated, based on other columns, Flow doesn't recognise these as number fields. This means when the email comes through its shows as $123.4500000000000. I've tried to set up a format number in the flow but this doesn't work because the data coming to MS Flow is not recognised as a number

I've seen some other solutions with mention of wrapping the text and using something like =TEXT([formula], "#.00") Problem is the solutions doesn't explain how you apply this - where it goes, how to use it. Help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anneaz
Frequent Visitor

Solved myself using Initialize Variable linked to the column in Sharepoint, then Format Number with a float variable statement. Linked that Format Number outcome to my email. Messy as i have one of these statements for each of the 7 columns but it works and didn't find any other solutions

anneaz_0-1631092383061.png

Float statements are float(variables('name of the variable'))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Achavan
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @anneaz ,

I tried to format $123.4500000000000 and worked. Below are the sceenshots:

Achavan_0-1630991118761.png

Output -

Achavan_1-1630991179310.png

Did I answer your question ? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.

anneaz
Frequent Visitor

I don't seem to have the same Compose screen as you have shown, as it only has the Imput. I set it up like this but the flow still failed, showing a template error so guessing I've got it wrong

anneaz_0-1630991915891.png

(I know the assigned to is missing, just took it out for the screen shot)

the Total $ Discount content is coming from a Sharepoint list where the column is a calculated column. The number coming from the calculation can be any result so I can't put $123.45000000000 as the number - it needs to read from that list column. in the Details the other fields such as RR Before Disc work fine as they are generating in currency . The Total $ Discount is set up to calculate to a currency but it still doesn't like it. This is the information from Sharepoint

anneaz_2-1630992317706.png

anneaz
Frequent Visitor

Also tried setting it to the 123.45000000000000 in the number. The flow works but its giving the set output which is $123.45. I need it to read the info from Total $ Discount and give the output as the $ figure to two decimals. Hope that makes sense 

anneaz
Frequent Visitor

Solved myself using Initialize Variable linked to the column in Sharepoint, then Format Number with a float variable statement. Linked that Format Number outcome to my email. Messy as i have one of these statements for each of the 7 columns but it works and didn't find any other solutions

anneaz_0-1631092383061.png

Float statements are float(variables('name of the variable'))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,111)