cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pawel1169

Flow - email to create Azure Devops item - Bad request - status code 400

Hi,

I have a few Flows that create an Azure Devops item from an e-mail. At some point, I started getting error 400 when trying to create a custom work item type (say 'Request'), while Tasks and Epics are getting created correctly.

Creating one of the custom work item types ('Request') does continue to work in one case (setup in December 2019), but fails when I'm trying to create new Flows. 

My Flow is based on a standard connection with my e-mail account. This is all Office365. Any ideas what these errors mean?

Screenshot of the output:

Flow_400.png

Error details:

TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.
Azure DevOps ActivityId: 5a2632f0-4aae-4bee-ae2b-1ccf8ee77eed
Details: {"$id":"1","innerException":null,"message":"TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.","typeName":"Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common.UnexpectedException, Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a","typeKey":"UnexpectedException","errorCode":0,"eventId":3000}
clientRequestId: 469d0c4a-b5d7-437a-b1ed-26e2c5eedad2

Full body of the message (from screenshot above):

{
  "status"400,
  "message""TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.\r\nAzure DevOps ActivityId: 5a2632f0-4aae-4bee-ae2b-1ccf8ee77eed\r\nDetails: {\"$id\":\"1\",\"innerException\":null,\"message\":\"TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.\",\"typeName\":\"Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common.UnexpectedException, Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a\",\"typeKey\":\"UnexpectedException\",\"errorCode\":0,\"eventId\":3000}\r\nclientRequestId: 469d0c4a-b5d7-437a-b1ed-26e2c5eedad2",
  "error": {
    "message""TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.\r\nAzure DevOps ActivityId: 5a2632f0-4aae-4bee-ae2b-1ccf8ee77eed\r\nDetails: {\"$id\":\"1\",\"innerException\":null,\"message\":\"TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.\",\"typeName\":\"Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common.UnexpectedException, Microsoft.Azure.Boards.WebApi.Common, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a\",\"typeKey\":\"UnexpectedException\",\"errorCode\":0,\"eventId\":3000}"
  },
  "source""vsts-wus.azconn-wus-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pawel1169

Re: Flow - email to create Azure Devops item - Bad request - status code 400

Hi @rimatos,

Thanks for pointing that out. The issue is now resolved. I can say that it was related a null value indeed, but boy, it took me some time to realise that.

I have an automated Rule set up on my custom work item types that copies value from a custom field Reporter (which is populated with whoever wrote an e-mail) to the system field Created By. What's more, the Reporter field is hidden from layout, so when checking the work item fields (obviously I looked at the main view and not in the admin layout view), I didn't bother to dig deeper.

I'm aware this might not be the best way to do what I needed.

It turns out that in my Flows I haven't specified what should be saved into the Reporter field, so a null value could not be copied into Created By. Even though the chronological order is Flow checks e-mail > create work item > copy Reporter to Created By, it was at the Flow level that this failed. Since the layout and fields of my work items seemed just fine, I was completely focused on investigating the Flow setup. But now it makes sense.

Thanks anyway and I'll close this thread.

Pawel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Pawel1169,

Based on the error message I can see that it is trowing a null exception as seen bellow:

"message""TF401349: An unexpected error has occurred, please verify your request and try again.
\r\nAzure DevOps ActivityId: 5a2632f0-4aae-4bee-ae2b-1ccf8ee77eed\r\nDetails: {\"$id\":\"1\",\"innerException\":null,\"message\":\"TF401349:

Did you perform any changes recently on the Dev Ops side? It appears it is not being able to recognize the custom work type.

Regards,

Ricardo

Pawel1169

Hi @rimatos,

Thanks for pointing that out. The issue is now resolved. I can say that it was related a null value indeed, but boy, it took me some time to realise that.

I have an automated Rule set up on my custom work item types that copies value from a custom field Reporter (which is populated with whoever wrote an e-mail) to the system field Created By. What's more, the Reporter field is hidden from layout, so when checking the work item fields (obviously I looked at the main view and not in the admin layout view), I didn't bother to dig deeper.

I'm aware this might not be the best way to do what I needed.

It turns out that in my Flows I haven't specified what should be saved into the Reporter field, so a null value could not be copied into Created By. Even though the chronological order is Flow checks e-mail > create work item > copy Reporter to Created By, it was at the Flow level that this failed. Since the layout and fields of my work items seemed just fine, I was completely focused on investigating the Flow setup. But now it makes sense.

Thanks anyway and I'll close this thread.

Pawel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,489)