cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PierreBreau
Regular Visitor

Flow error out on multiple approvers

I am currently building a flow for a Teams Creation Request list I have. I have a separated list on the side which old the approvers data (Department (Text then the request list lookup this field for the Organization) , ApprovalRequired (yes/no), Approvers(Person Lookup multiple selection)

So the request list have the department from the approvers list. 

The workflow is suppose to kick off on Item created, get the department ID from the request list then go into the approvers list to get the approvers list and approvalrequired field. If the approval is required then take those approvers and start an approval workflow. The catch here I only want first to approve then keep going, but as soon there is more then 1 approvers email my workflow mess up.

the Get Department from Approvals List workflow if I check the raw output I am getting for Approvers both records shows up in there. So I think my issue is parsing through those 2 emails in there and assinging those 2 to the flow assigned to

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidApprovalCreateRequestAssignedToNoValidUsers'. Error Message: 'Required field 'assignedTo' contained no valid users in the organization'.
approval1.png

error.pngapproval.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to skip the array variable, you don't want to build an array with the approvers, you want to build a string that will be just a list of email addresses, append the approval emails directly into the WFApproversString:

email1@company.com;email2@company.com

if you add them to an array and then add that array to a string you'll get something this into the string WFApproversString variable:

["email1@company.com"];["email1@company.com","email2@company.com"]

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @PierreBreau ,

do you add the ; separator after the email address when building the string with approvers?

I had it at one spot but I added it to the other like this but still getting the same result: (if this is what you were talking about) 

apprvoal2.png

Try to skip the array variable, you don't want to build an array with the approvers, you want to build a string that will be just a list of email addresses, append the approval emails directly into the WFApproversString:

email1@company.com;email2@company.com

if you add them to an array and then add that array to a string you'll get something this into the string WFApproversString variable:

["email1@company.com"];["email1@company.com","email2@company.com"]

View solution in original post

PierreBreau
Regular Visitor

Thanks that did the trick! much appreciated! cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (61,908)