cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webbrewer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Flow error references an object that isn't even in the flow

This flow has a condition that checks the value of a field, updates the item if the condition is true then uses a switch to check values in another field and send different emails depending on that value. The switch action shows errors that reference a "Get_Item_2" action  that isn't included in the flow.  Does that mean I have to do a get item again for each case of the switch? 

Untitled.png 

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Didn't you have an action called 'Get Item 2' which you recently renamed? All outputs will keep the name of the action from the time when it was used. If you used somewhere outputs from 'Get Item 2' and then renamed the action, all references will be broken. You can either rename the action back to 'Get Item 2', or replace all outputs from that action that you're using later in the flow.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Its the send email action beneath the switch that has the error. According to your error screenshot.

I deleted the other action get item 2 and saved - but when I reloaded the page it was still there. Had to delete each action in the step and then delete the step for it to truly get deleted. Seems like a bug.....

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,852)