cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Flow error with CDS Create Record action: The Owner was not provided

Hello,

I am trying to create a record in Dynamics 365 using the Create Record (CDS Current Environment) action through a flow. This flows works perfectly fine in other environments but in my production instance i get this error: "The Owner was not provided."

I have checked the same action with the regular CDS Create Record action and with that i get the same error too. I have tried providing the system admin id, my id but and passing an owner id from another record. But i still get the same error no matter what i pass.

Here are the error details:

Booking Note Flow Error 1.PNGBooking Note Flow Error 2.PNG

All my other flows with similar actions but creating records for other entities work perfectly fine. Any suggestions what i might be doing incorrectly here? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nithin

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Nithin_Vanam 

Is this owner lookup is a custom field? Generally for an entity you get Owner field to map to. This is an optional field and by default the person who created the record will set as owner by the system.  Please explain bit more about your field?

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm ,

This field an OOTB owner field generated by the application when you create a custom entity. This is not a custom field. Please find the details below:

Booking Note Flow Owner Field Details.PNGBooking Note Entity Owner Fields.PNG

I am passing a user record GUID to this field which works perfectly fine in my other environments. For all my other flows where i am using the similar Create a new record action, i never set the owner. The user of the connection being used for that action is automatically set as the owner of the record by the flow. It is only in this environment with this specific flow that i am being forced to set the owner and doing that doesn't seem to identify the owner record. Thanks.

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Nithin_Vanam 

Something still not quite right. Generally this out of the box Owner field is not mandatory as system set this automatically. Also if you have an invalid owner id then you should get Sytemuser with id = xxxxxx Does Not Exist.

Have a look on other real time workflows (Sync)  in that environment which might be failing. I don't think the error is related to your current mapping of Owner.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (99,709)