Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow-excel-auto email

Hi,

i am very new to flows,

i am working on calibration tracker. i have my excel file stored in onedrive business, i want my excel/ flow to send an email to the respective owners email id when calibration approaches its calibration due date.

table.PNG

Appreciate step by step support to get it done. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous 

That is because the excel connector converts the date data type to an integer. You need to select all the column with the data in excel and convert it to plain text and use the expressions of format date time. 

Or else, use the workaround mentioned here for the date time dataype issues with excel: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/10-MS-Flow-hacks-troubleshoots-workarounds-that-might-help-you/ba-p/364376

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

You can try the flow below: gre.PNG

This Flow will run every day and get rows from teh excel sheet. Compare the two columns and check if the current date is greater than the next due date -7 days and sends an email. 

Expressions:

1. On the left side of the conditon: 
formatDateTime(utcnow(),'dd-MM-yyyy')
2. On the right side: 
adddays(formatdatetime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Column3'],'dd-MM-yyyy'),-7)

Replace column 3 with the column name of your excel. Ensure that the excel columns and data are formatted as plain text. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255 

Thank you so much it worked well. but i have used excel column in condition and all my excel columns are formatted as text. when i receive mail the date is in text format only. can you please help me with this?

condition.PNGdate.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous 

That is because the excel connector converts the date data type to an integer. You need to select all the column with the data in excel and convert it to plain text and use the expressions of format date time. 

Or else, use the workaround mentioned here for the date time dataype issues with excel: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/10-MS-Flow-hacks-troubleshoots-workarounds-that-might-help-you/ba-p/364376

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,685)