Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Positano1
Helper I
Helper I

Flow failed if no attachment in Microsoft Forms

Hi, 

I have created a Microsoft Forms with Upload File attachment and added the actions of "When a new response is submitted" -> "Get response details"-> "Parse JASON" -> "Get File content using path" -> "Send and email" in the flow to include the attachment or as a link in an email. However, I found that if there is no attachment in the Forms, the flow would be failed.  

Can I have some advices on how to fix this issue? Is there a condition action that I have to add? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Positano1 ,

Please try to refer to the following image to configure flow.

Use length() function to check if there are attachments uploaded to the Forms.

If yes, use Parse JSON to get the attachment content and send it by email; if no, send an email directly.

Image reference:

104.PNG105.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

we are handling the question here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-failed-if-no-attachment-in-Microsoft-Forms/m...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbataI have uploaded this question twice by accident. Thanks for your advice. 

Hi @Positano1 ,

Please try to refer to the following image to configure flow.

Use length() function to check if there are attachments uploaded to the Forms.

If yes, use Parse JSON to get the attachment content and send it by email; if no, send an email directly.

Image reference:

104.PNG105.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-bacao-msftThanks for your advice. I have the problem solved with the help by @ChristianAbata and now able to run the flow without attachment. 

However, since in the attachment field I would allow user to attach more than one document. For example, if I selected 3 documents to upload, I would expect to have 1 work item created in DevOps with 3 document links. But now I have 3 work items created in DevOps with one document link in each item.

May I get some advice on how to fix it? Also, in the Create Work item, I want to show the hyperlink of the 3 documents. 

Please refer to the screen shots of the outcome and flow. 

Attachment.PNG

DevOPs.PNG

Flow1.PNG

Flow2.PNG

Hi @Positano1 ,

You could use a string variable to store the links and fill the variable in Description field.

Like:

25.PNG

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,649)