cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superman2

Flow failed to send digested list of reminder tasks due in 7 days

Hi, 

I got a flow here that looks at a SharePoint list and grabs all the items where due date is 7 days from today and groups them in a HTML table. Everything is working beautifully up until the part where I want to send the email out but I'm receiving this error : 

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Send_an_email_(V2)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'emailMessage/To' is required to be of type 'String/email'. The source type/format 'Object' of the value '{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser","Claims":"i:0#.f|membership|lmanackr@nb.com","DisplayName":"Tester, L","Email":"testL@email.com","Department":"IT","JobTitle":null}' is not convertible to type/format 'String/email'.

Can anyone assist on this?

If I use email in the Send an email V2, I end up with an apply to each loop which I don't want since it sends multiple email reminders rather than just one combined email. 

Here's a picture of my flow: 

superman2_2-1645561186550.pngsuperman2_3-1645561218101.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @superman2 

You've put an object {} into your TO field of send email.  You need to supply a semi colon seperated string of emails.  You can do this using select and compose.  Assuming the emails are in an array, you can use the text mode of select and insert the email as the value.  This will give you an array of emails only.  Then you can use join(select,';') to create a string of ; seperated emails and supply it to send email.

Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @superman2 

You've put an object {} into your TO field of send email.  You need to supply a semi colon seperated string of emails.  You can do this using select and compose.  Assuming the emails are in an array, you can use the text mode of select and insert the email as the value.  This will give you an array of emails only.  Then you can use join(select,';') to create a string of ; seperated emails and supply it to send email.

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,189)