cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
REAMG

Flow failing at 'Get Items' when 'Update Items' is added within a Condition

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a scheduled flow that'll change a certain value in a choice field to a different one (from 'Resolved' to 'Achieve') however when I try and run it, it instantly fails at the 'Get Items' stage.  I built the 'Update Items' action within a 'Condition' saying if 'Status' is equal to 'Resolved' then update the item.  I tried running the flow without the 'Update Items' action in it, and it does work at that point, however it obviously doesn't do much, but then when I add the 'Update Items' action and try running it, it says it fails at the 'Get Items' action and displays the following error message:
The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Get_items' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetItems' is missing required property 'body/value/22/Background0'.'

I thought it was going to be pretty straightforward, and I'm hoping it still is, but I can't work out what's wrong with it.  I believe I've filled in the 'Update item' action correctly, but it's more that with it present within the flow it breaks the 'Get Items' action.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm hoping it's a simple fix.

Flow:

REAMG_0-1602062176290.png

Failed result:

REAMG_1-1602062298277.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @REAMG 

Can you check if there are any items in the SharePoint list where the Title column is blank or null? Could you try to remove them or add a test title on each of them and try the flow again?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @REAMG 

There's another thread with the same issue: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Flow-erroring-out-on-Get-Item/m-p/678903

Some ideas:

1) Could you try to recreate your connections and try again?

2) Has your list more than 5000 items? If so, you should use an OFilter query.

Let me know.

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo 

Thank you for your replay.  I'm afraid I have tried recreating the connections and also building it from scratch several times and (with fingers extremely crossed) tried running it again, but each time I've hit the same wall. 

The list is currently only small with 110 items in it so I've only kept it basic.  

Cheers.

Hello @REAMG 

Can you check if there are any items in the SharePoint list where the Title column is blank or null? Could you try to remove them or add a test title on each of them and try the flow again?

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hi again @fchopo 

I think you hit the nail on the head there.  👍  The titles were ok, however there was a number of other fields which were 'required' fields/items and didn't have any data in them, so were marked as 'requiring attention'.  I filled them all in and the next time I ran it, it worked perfectly.  

Thank you so much for your help with this.  It was driving me nuts and I would never have thought of that.  Really really appreciate it.

Cheers again. 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (25,865)