cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow failing due to null/empty values from multiselects in MS Forms

Hi. Happy New Year.

I am having an issue with a flow that is failing whilst trying to get multiselect data that also contains null values (multi selects) from an MS Form into a Sharepoint list in an array.

Background

I have created a resource request form using MS Forms. You can request up to 3 resources in the one form. For each resource that is being requested, there is a multiselect to capture vetting requirements.

‘Vetting Array post 1’ one is fairly straghtforward – I just convert the string into an array.

However, ‘Compose Vetting post 2’  (and ‘Compose Vetting post 3’) are more complicated (for me anyway!) as either of these could contain null/empty values.

What I would like is to have a flow that would process the multi select data into Sharepoint in an array where data exists and ignore the multiselects that have null values.

I have already referenced the article https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Filter-null-values-from-a-Forms-Array/td-p/254699...

and used the comments provided by @AlanPs1 

I modified the 'if' statement to create the following for ‘Compose Vetting post 2’:

milanb_0-1609767908950.png

If there is only one resource, the workflow completes successfully (including create item)

milanb_1-1609767908957.png

milanb_2-1609767908964.png

milanb_3-1609767908967.png

However, when I add an additional resource (‘Compose Vetting Post 2’), the output is still in a ‘String’ format:

milanb_4-1609767908971.png

As a result, ‘create item’ also fails.

milanb_5-1609767908978.png

milanb_6-1609767908986.png

How am I able to convert this output into an array?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (17,072)