cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mel_Butler_EIA
Frequent Visitor

Flow failing when importing excel data to existing Sharepoint list

Hello everyone

I am new to building flows and to Sharepoint lists, and I am not very tech savvy. I've recently been trying to migrate several different excel sheets into one Sharepoint list with the plan to create a customised entry form using PowerApps. The list has 160 columns and there are approximately 7500 records in total. 

I want to be able to update the list by importing the excel columns and use a flow to check whether the rows exist already and to therefore update them, or to create new records if they don't exist. The unique ID number which is present on both the Sharepoint list and the excel sheets is under column 'Source file ID'.

However, the flow I've created keeps failing and I don't know why - please help!

Below are screenshots of my flow-

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

The error I get is -

The expression "Source File ID eq 'IV2460'" is not valid. Creating query failed.

What do I need to do to get it to recognise the source file ID as the unique identifier?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Mel_Butler_EIA 

I believe your query is failing because you are using the "Display name" of the SharePoint column and not the "internal name".  One easy way to find  a columns internal name is to go to the list settings and click on the column name.  That will take you to the properties for that column.  The internal name can be found at the end of the URL after Field=

Let me know if you need additional help.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mel_Butler_EIA ,

The display name of the filed in Odata query does not contain space, or it will be replaced with _x0020_.

As ScottShearer suggested, you should get the actual name of the filed that was configured in Filter Query.

Or you could run the Get items action without configuring Filter Query and check the body of Get items action to get the name of the field.

Like:

84.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Mel_Butler_EIA 

I believe your query is failing because you are using the "Display name" of the SharePoint column and not the "internal name".  One easy way to find  a columns internal name is to go to the list settings and click on the column name.  That will take you to the properties for that column.  The internal name can be found at the end of the URL after Field=

Let me know if you need additional help.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mel_Butler_EIA ,

The display name of the filed in Odata query does not contain space, or it will be replaced with _x0020_.

As ScottShearer suggested, you should get the actual name of the filed that was configured in Filter Query.

Or you could run the Get items action without configuring Filter Query and check the body of Get items action to get the name of the field.

Like:

84.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,502)