cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benoit1

Flow fails if date is not set

I tried to create a flow between Planner and Outlook Task but I have some difficulties with dates.

When a task is assigned to someone in planner, I would like to create a task in Outlook Task.

I managed to make it work when all the dates are set (due date or start date), but if the start date or the due date is not set, the flow fails because a valid date is expected. I tried to return with a if values like "null", "", blank(), but it still fails. If I leave the value blank (empty), the flow works, but the task created then has no date.

How can you return an empty value in flow?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
tre4B
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I was trying to do something similar.  In the end I opted for looking to see if the date was Null as a condition and filled the blank date with Todays date or a calculated date in the future.  I.e.  If Start date = null (add null as an expression or it does not work)  adddays(utcnow(),7)

Something like that.

I get your solution. I searched a lot on this and didn't find any working solution to leave a date blank.

Anyone have something else to suggest? I would prefer to leave the date blank if the user didn't set the date.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,154)