cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benoit1
Level: Powered On

Flow fails if date is not set

I tried to create a flow between Planner and Outlook Task but I have some difficulties with dates.

When a task is assigned to someone in planner, I would like to create a task in Outlook Task.

I managed to make it work when all the dates are set (due date or start date), but if the start date or the due date is not set, the flow fails because a valid date is expected. I tried to return with a if values like "null", "", blank(), but it still fails. If I leave the value blank (empty), the flow works, but the task created then has no date.

How can you return an empty value in flow?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
tre4B

Re: Flow fails if date is not set

I was trying to do something similar.  In the end I opted for looking to see if the date was Null as a condition and filled the blank date with Todays date or a calculated date in the future.  I.e.  If Start date = null (add null as an expression or it does not work)  adddays(utcnow(),7)

Something like that.

benoit1

Re: Flow fails if date is not set

I get your solution. I searched a lot on this and didn't find any working solution to leave a date blank.

Anyone have something else to suggest? I would prefer to leave the date blank if the user didn't set the date.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,335)