cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow fails on action 'Update Item'

Hi, 

I've created an approval flow flow that updated a specific column item based on the status of the approval. 

The approval seems to be working fine, but every time the flow tries to complete the 'Update item' action, the flow fails.

ze.PNG

The error message goes as follows: 

zzer.PNG

It says the passed-in field "Procurement" could not be found. The thing is that I have no column named "Procurement" in my SP list, so it's also not a field that can be updated. 

Does anybody know what the problem could be here?

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards, 

AVH

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AVH,

Could you show me more details about your flow configuration? What dynamic contents are you using for each field in the action Update item?

Could you share more details on the list? What column types are there in the list?

Do you change any of the columns after the flow that based on the list has been created?

I have made a simple test by creating a flow likes below. The update item action runs succeed.

In the flow, I am trying to update the Response to the State column which is of type Single line of text. Please check the following screenshot for a reference:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Please try again with it. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back with more details.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,305)