Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Goncalves
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow fails on some itens

Hello all!

I´ve created the following flow, that adds a new number on the item as soon as it is created. 

I mean, imagine that Apple created a form and this flow will give its number as 10001 (Form name is RC, so RC form number is 10001). Then Rhue will create another form, so Flow will give its number as 10002, and so on. Each new form will increase the form number by 1, ok?

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

But sometimes the flow fails to add number on item.

step4.png

Tried to ensure the flow to have the numbers inserted on the field but failed (as per last step - Doble check number RC) by re-inserting the new incremented number.

BUT the flow continues as the step designed to send e-mails to Requestors/Buyers works wells AND send them the incremented RC form number.

Can someone give me light on how to solve this?

1 REPLY 1
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you can’t update incremental number in SharePoint list. But I’m still a little bit confused about your scenario. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

So based on your example ‘Apple created a form’.

Do you mean Apple create a record/item in SharePoint list? The From you mentioned is a SharePoint list? Is that right?

Then, the list name is RC and it contains a column named ‘Numbers’? The number is generated by flow with incremental rule (every time +1).

For this part, I would like to confirm where is the first number(e.g. 10001) coming from? Do we need to set up condition to check whether Apple create the first record in list? Or we just need to find the maximum number and add 1 based on it?

In addition, it will be better if you can show me your SharePoint list format including column types.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,990)