Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amanda1
Helper I
Helper I

Flow fails to send approval email to the approver/email assigned within SP list

Hi

I am trying to send an approval email to the person assigned in the SP list.

I have SP list that allows the item creator to assign the line manager through a Person/Group column.  I have used the Line Manager email as the Assigned to for the approval.

I was able to get this to work yesterday in another flow using the same logic and person assigned, however for this flow it gives me the following error.

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidApprovalRequestor'. Error Message: 'The approval requestor must be a single, valid user account within your organization.'.

The email is a valid user account within the organisation and was able to receive the approval email yesterday, via a different flow for another list.

I am deliberately using the person assigned in the SP list for the approval, rather than the using a get manager function. We have a lot of movement within our organisation and the profile information is not always up to date. So we need to allow a user to select the line manager in the SP list.

Approval email.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you check the configuration of Assigned To column in Sharepoint? Allow Multiple Selections should be set to No

PrasadAthalye_0-1613751872007.png

Also can you please upload entire flow picture?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is the Line Manager field a multi-select in the SharePoint list? Is your expectation to assign 1 task to multiple people? If yes, you can append their email in a string inside loop and finally use Approval action outside with the variable in assigned to.

Power Automate Community

They can only select one person in the SP list, and the approval is to be assigned to one person only.

if i enter an email/person directly into 'Assigned to' rather than using dynamic content from SP list, the flow works fine.

Can you check the configuration of Assigned To column in Sharepoint? Allow Multiple Selections should be set to No

PrasadAthalye_0-1613751872007.png

Also can you please upload entire flow picture?

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,153)