Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddiejoseph1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Flow fails when triggered multiple times in a short space of time

Hi all,

I have another question about a flow I have built. When an item is created in a SharePoint list, I populate a MS Word Template with some of the information, then I send a copy of the word document to the person who created the item in SharePoint. This works perfectly if items are not added to the SP List very quickly after one another.

My flow looks like this: 

freddiejoseph1_0-1623669991707.png

As I said, the flow runs successfully if I add an item, wait for the flow to complete, then add another item, wait for success, then add another item etc etc. However, if I add 2+ items in very close succession the flow fails and I get the below error:

freddiejoseph1_1-1623670166174.png

The error code is: 

{"statusCode":400,"headers":{"Vary":"Origin","X-SharePointHealthScore":"1","X-MS-SPConnector":"1","X-SP-SERVERSTATE":"ReadOnly=0","DATASERVICEVERSION":"3.0","SPClientServiceRequestDuration":"93","SPRequestGuid":"16376a41-0b5c-404e-8d0a-341b62e2d0f9","request-id":"16376a41-0b5c-404e-8d0a-341b62e2d0f9","MS-CV":"QWo3FlwLTkCNCjQbYuLQ+Q.0","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000","X-FRAME-OPTIONS":"SAMEORIGIN","Content-Security-Policy":"frame-ancestors 'self' teams.microsoft.com *.teams.microsoft.com *.skype.com *.teams.microsoft.us local.teams.office.com *.powerapps.com *.yammer.com *.officeapps.live.com *.office.com *.stream.azure-test.net *.microsoftstream.com;","MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":"16.0.0.21402","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-MS-InvokeApp":"1; RequireReadOnly","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"max-age=0, private","Date":"Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:18:00 GMT","P3P":"CP=\"ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI\"","X-AspNet-Version":"4.0.30319","X-Powered-By":"ASP.NET","Content-Length":"179","Content-Type":"application/json","Expires":"Sun, 30 May 2021 11:18:00 GMT","Last-Modified":"Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:18:00 GMT"},"body":{"status":400,"message":"Error in the application.\r\nclientRequestId: 16376a41-0b5c-404e-8d0a-341b62e2d0f9\r\nserviceRequestId: 16376a41-0b5c-404e-8d0a-341b62e2d0f9"}}

The ones highlighted were submitted very soon after one another. The others were submitted only once the flow had completed:

freddiejoseph1_2-1623670340934.png

Has anyone encountered this before who could advise?

Thanks,

Freddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Josh,

Yes, my error code looked slightly different when I tried using the concurrent = 1 suggestion which you provided. I have finally found a solution (through trial and error really) though.

I have some buttons in a PowerApp which trigger information to get patched to the SharePoint list (which triggers this flow). For some reason when I had flow runs stacked/waiting/running simultaneously the flow wasn't correctly selecting which SharePoint item to build the flow around/create a file for. As a workaround I now patch a GUID from PowerApps into a GUID column at the same time all the other info is patched over. I then do a filter query on the Get Items step in my flow. This seems to have solved the issue and I no longer need to concurrent step in the trigger item, I can run the flow lots of times simultaneously. 

freddiejoseph1_1-1623943676159.png

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly!

Freddie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mari
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello! I have not seen that error before. However, if you think the issue is related to multiple executions in a short space of time, you could add a "Delay" action before the "Create file" action and see if that helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team - Mari

If this post helps, then please consider Accept as solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for getting back to me, Mari.

This doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Thanks,

Freddie

I am sorry to hear that it did not help. I am afraid you will need to open a service request.

Regards.

Hi Mari,

Does that mean there is currently no fix for this kind or error?

How do I open a service request?

Thanks,

Freddie

Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @freddiejoseph1 

And you get the different error when you set concurrency of the Trigger to 1?

Could your SharePoint list/doc be the issue? Rehiring a unique name. The error you mentioned in the previous post says “File with same name cannot be created”

You can submit a service request ticket from the Power Platform Admin Centre

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi Josh,

Yes, my error code looked slightly different when I tried using the concurrent = 1 suggestion which you provided. I have finally found a solution (through trial and error really) though.

I have some buttons in a PowerApp which trigger information to get patched to the SharePoint list (which triggers this flow). For some reason when I had flow runs stacked/waiting/running simultaneously the flow wasn't correctly selecting which SharePoint item to build the flow around/create a file for. As a workaround I now patch a GUID from PowerApps into a GUID column at the same time all the other info is patched over. I then do a filter query on the Get Items step in my flow. This seems to have solved the issue and I no longer need to concurrent step in the trigger item, I can run the flow lots of times simultaneously. 

freddiejoseph1_1-1623943676159.png

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly!

Freddie

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (1,807)