cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow for Department Sign off.

Departments sign of at separate times,  from sharepoint a department will open a new risk from and fill it out, that form has check boxes for the 8 departments.   When all have signed off need email sent, i have had help but still doesn't work.

Is there another site that i can help or learning center?   We have used a do loop didn't work and now we have a condition with all 8 departments, that have value = true, that doesn't even attempt to work it simply cancels and stops the flow.

I would think that i need to save something each time a department fills out the form and then check to insure all have then send email.   I am at my wits end with this and don't know where to turn, is microsoft the answer.  help.Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow for Department Sign off.

@spoye, a couple of observations: your condition is that the department must equal ALL of those departments as you have the AND selected. Surely that's not correct, your department will never equal all the departments. I don't think you need a condition there. And further on you have a couple of delays, what is the reason for that? I think you should be using a switch case here based on the department but if you can post the full flow I'll take a look.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

here is the whole flow.  

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry the delays were from old flow i didn't realize i had.   (Delay was for a DO UNIL loop that didn't work)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spoye ,

Could you please share more details about the 8 departments columns?

What is the type of the 8 departments columns? Are they Yes/No type column or Choice type column?

Do you want to check if the 8 departments columns have value in it, and if the 8 departments columns all have value in it, then you would send the email?

Please explain more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

The eight columns as of now are check boxes and if it would be easier to use yes no then I will and yes we want to check to see if all eight have been  signed off, so there would be data in it yes. thanks for any help!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I have a test i built below is the formatting:

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @spoye 

Thanks for the screenshot of the list.

I have created a list and tested with two checkboxes. It did worked as expected. 

Once you built the flow did you changed the field names in SharePoint? 

Try to add the trigger again "SharePoint Item created or modified" and map the conditions.

Let me know the result.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spoye ,

If the 8 departments are Yes/No typ column, your flow condition for the 8 departments is correct, Could you please create a new list or create a new flow to see if the issue still exists?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Will try it out,I am unsure if we are on the same page,   I see it as each department may take two or three days to fill out the data,   so each time they open the form nothing is checked, it looks like a blank sheet (if another department has filled out the form it doesn't save it so they don't know if anyone has done anyhing)   

Am i correct here?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

we didn't get it to work.  DANG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,357)