Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Flow for Expense Approval

Hello!

We have a physical procedure for Expense Approval using Excel file.

User fills several columns like user department, description, budget,cost summary, comments etc, prints out the file and hands over to manager for approval - signature.

The project is to create a Flow, with a site in SharePoint where user will fill + upload the excel file.

Can somehow the Flow read the data from the excel and represent it as an email to the manager for approval?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Sure you need to use List Rows present in a table.

save.PNG

See when a file is created so is upladed I list rows to use the date inside the table.

Of course you need to create an standart table to get allways the same data.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Many thanks for your recommendation.

I'll get into it right now.

Just to be clear and if understood correclty, please check the screenshot, fields in Black should be introduced in SP list with the same title, and in red/bold user entry data that must be read from the excel.EXCEL.PNG

Highlighted

@dB4  to read this data you need to convert it in a table and then use what I recomend you after. You can't read excel data without table.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

@ChristianAbatagood day and thanks for your swift response.

Excel is already converted in Table, but im stuck in the List Rows 'File' field as per below SS.

Each time excel file and the uploader will be different (not the form, but the content)

In 'File' field, excel file is static and not dynamic.

Can you please provide next steps of the flow?

Screenshot_2020-03-25 Edit your flow Power Automate.png

Highlighted

@dB4  shure, see if you need to do it dynamic you need to add de indentifier insted the specific excel.

dyimic.PNG

Then to get every field as separated to sended to a Create Item Sharepoint you need to parse json, so here an example but with an forms output, this works with every output json.

getformsImage.gif

Hope this could help.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,723)