cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrydimi
Level: Powered On

Flow for Sharepoint trigger 'for a selected item' not showing

I have tried creating a flow with the "selected item" trigger, however that is not showing in the Flow menu inside the list. The flow is created in my default environment . I've tried using one of the pre-existing out of the box templates as a starting point but those are not showing either, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow for Sharepoint trigger 'for a selected item' not showing

@harrydimi- for the Flow to show in the list, you need to have an item selected - it no item is selected, you won't see the flow listed.

Also, if you want yor users to see the Flow, you'll likely want to share it with the list on a read-only basis.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

@harrydimi- for the Flow to show in the list, you need to have an item selected - it no item is selected, you won't see the flow listed.

Also, if you want yor users to see the Flow, you'll likely want to share it with the list on a read-only basis.

Scott

Scott

View solution in original post

harrydimi

Thanks Scott , I should have been more specific , I am selecting an item and the only flow visible is the out of the box " Request sign-off".

Super User
Super User

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

Also, what browser are you using?  Do you experience this issue in other browsers?

Scott

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @harrydimi,

Once you created a flow with the trigger When an item is created, in the list you are using in the list, with the item selected, clicking the Flow dropdown, you will see the flow you have created.

1.PNG

Please try again with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
harrydimi

Thanks for your suggestions , turns out the solution was easier than I thought , I removed the list from the "run only" in the flow and re-added it, the flow magically showed up...

llanderson1971
Level: Power Up

Can you elaborate on "I removed the list from the "run only" in the flow and re-added it"? I'm having the same issue and I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

harrydimi

Hi llanderson1971 ,

Here is an example of what I mean, you need to make sure the list is added with Run-Only or Owners(only if necessary) as per @ScottShearer 's comment. In my case I had to re-add that connection.

example.png

kbirstein1

I have added my list, "Approvers"  to my "For a selected item" flow in "Owners" and "Manage Run-Only Users" but I still can't see it when I select an item in the Approvers list. The Flow is not in the default environment, but in an environment i created for client work. I then created a test Flow in this client environment on the same list with the "When an item is created or edited" trigger and it worked fine.

Then I created the "For a selected item" flow in the Default environment and it worked when I selected an item in the Approvers list, even without the Approvers list being listed as an "Owner".

What goes on here? Is this a BUG? Why can't Flow run a "For a selected item" trigger in an environment other than the Default environment???

Brice235i
Level 8

same for me... did you find the answer?

harrydimi

I am not sure if anything has changed recently, but in my environment the flow needs to be on the default environment to show as a "selected item" action.

Brice235i
Level 8

hi, they way I got this to work was to create a new Flow from the SharePoint list.  I selected the "Complete a custom action for the selected item" template.  I didn't want to have to rebuild the Flow, so noticed the list name in the for select item was a Guid - abe33cf7-9dbc-47a5-adc6-fa460cdfd12e rather than the list name.....  I plugged that into my standalong Flow, then the Flow appeared in the SharePoint list Flow menu!

Super User
Super User

@Brice235i 

Glad you got it working!  I'll make note of your work around for the future.

Scott
kenttschoepe

FLOW OPTION IS AVAILABLE IF USER SELECTS ITEM WITHOUT SEARCHING FIRSTFLOWISSUE.png

FLOW IS NOT AVAILBLE IF USER SEARCHES FOR SAME ITEM
FLOWISSUESEARCH.png
I also tried column formatting to run a flow for a selected item.  In this case, if user searches then selects the item, the column to start to the flow is still available, however it does nothing on-click.

Anyone know a work-around?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,671)