cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E_S
Frequent Visitor

Flow from Power App. Error: Item was not found in the cache

Hi, 

I am trying to start a complex flow from a button on Power App.

I managed to do it with simple ones, where I directly created the connection and then send an email, for example. However, I get an error with the more complex one and I am unable to pinpoint the reason.

If I try to add the flow to power app (action -> power automate -> add flow), this is the error:

E_S_2-1647851550077.png

I tested the flow I created and it runs successfully when I use a manual trigger in power automate. The problem is that when I create more steps in the flow, using the variable taken from power app, this warning appears: 

E_S_1-1647851466662.png

E_S_0-1647851448792.png

Since I knew which step I needed, I tried to create directly the complete flow from power app (action -> power automate -> add flow -> create new flow). However, it did not work (usual error: item not found in cache).

The objective is getting three text inputs from power app, which I save in variables. I use concat and replace to modify them and compose to use them in a query. Then I save a file with the results on SharePoint and send an email.

These are the tests I did:

1) Create flow 'Test' from power app, save variables, use concat and compose, send an email -> it worked

2) Modify existing flow 'Test', add step to create file in SharePoint -> it worked 

3) Modify  existing flow 'Test', add step to execute a simple query -> it did not work

E_S_6-1647853731197.png

E_S_5-1647853636405.png

It seems that the problem is the step to execute the query, however I already used it in another flow.

I check the other flow ('First flow'):

For some reason, when I tried to update it, I got an error. I was surprised because I am sure it worked correctly previously and I did not change anything, it was just an attempt to check the connection to power automate. 

The error was: "it may be necessary to modify manually the flow or to delete and add it again". I had nothing to modify, so I decided to try to delete it. When I tried to add it again, I got the usual error:

E_S_7-1647854141828.png

I did not save the app, so I could open it again with the flow connection. I tried to press the button and it gave me the following warning ("not possible to analyze connection of invoker from output trigger 'manual'. Execption: no valid conneciton has been found for the connection called 'shared_sqldw' in intestation token APIM"):

E_S_8-1647854444051.png

I tried to follow the suggestion in this post (https://sympmarc.com/2021/11/26/fixing-the-invokerconnectionoverridefailed-error-when-a-power-app-ca...), however changing the name of the flow and replacing all its calls did not solve the issue. When I try to add the connection back in the app, I have again this error:

E_S_9-1647855245773.png

I don't think the problem is the 'PREMIUM' tag either, because the 'First flow' worked perfectly fine previously.

E_S_10-1647855773853.png

Can somebody help me understand how to fix the situation? I do not know what that message regarding the cache is trying to tell me.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
E_S
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved, I was simply using the wrong "Execute a SQL query"

E_S_1-1647872696568.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
E_S
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved, I was simply using the wrong "Execute a SQL query"

E_S_1-1647872696568.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,529)