Frequent Visitor

Flow: get multiple values from sharepoint column for CSV table

I have created a flow using the following options:

Get Items (Sharepoint List)

Fiter Array

Select

Create CSV Table

Send Email.

For the select option - I have selected various fields from my sharepoint list including one which is a multiple selection field.

The flow works and exports to CSV - however the output for the multi-selct field is a long string which includes the value retrieved i.e

[{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":0,"Value":"Main Hall"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":"Dining Room"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":3,"Value":"Kitchen"}]

What I would like is to receive the values seperated by a comma or semi colon to make this more user friendly. for example in the output above it should ideally read: Main Hall; Dining Room; Kitchen

Any suggestions as to how I can do this by either manipulating the output string as an additional step in the flow or changing the way I collect the data for this column.

Thanks in advance

Amit

20 REPLIES 20

Hi All, an extra tip on how to remove the brackets and the double quotes for this amazing solution from Microsoft staff.  You can simply put the xpath expression into a Join data operation with any delimiter such as a comma and space. The output will now be a, b, c  instead of ["a","b","c"]. Hope this helps others!!

Xpath Join Pic 01.png.jpgXpath Join Pic 02.png.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,189)