Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThimiosSp
Helper II
Helper II

Flow gets stuck

Hi all.

Flow was working fine till I inserted the condition in step 2. The Priority field in that condition is a number formatted column. Add to time adds 5 days to be used in a later step.

flow.png

Looks like there is an issue in Create a Task.

flow2.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can try changing the initialize variable type to Float or String instead of an integer to see if that helps. If it does not, I believe you have an issue with your SharePoint column. You might want to try creating a new column from scratch, and/or try a similar condition on a new list.

Sometimes, if the SharePoint list is old, it may have renamed/reformatted columns that seem to cause issues with CAML-based queries, and flows. You could troubleshoot it, but usually it is faster to just make a new column or list from scratch.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE. Want to know more? Follow @BradGroux on Twitter, and check out my Medium blog at https://msft.engineer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

If the condition isn't being triggered then the condition has not been met. Either the format is wrong, and the integer isn't being recognized, or there are no priority 1 conditions. You are using a When an item is created trigger, so any existing priority 1 items will not be processed. 

You could add a step before the condition that creates an integer-based variable from the priority column value, so you are certain that the condition is using an integer:

InitializeVariableInteger.JPG

Also, since you have is equal to as the condition, the column value must be equal to 1 and 1 only, a "1-5a" as defined by the column name will not work. If that is the case, change the condition to be contains 1.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE. Want to know more? Follow @BradGroux on Twitter, and check out my Medium blog at https://msft.engineer.

ThimiosSp
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @Brad_Groux .

1. Column format is number

2. Testing is being made by creating new items with 1 on Priority (1-5a) column

3. Priority (1-5a) values are numbers from 1 to 7

4. Tried contains before but no result

I applied your fix and the error I get is 

"The variable 'Integer' of type 'Integer' cannot be initialized or updated with value '1' of type 'Float'. The variable 'Integer' only supports values of types 'Integer'.

You can try changing the initialize variable type to Float or String instead of an integer to see if that helps. If it does not, I believe you have an issue with your SharePoint column. You might want to try creating a new column from scratch, and/or try a similar condition on a new list.

Sometimes, if the SharePoint list is old, it may have renamed/reformatted columns that seem to cause issues with CAML-based queries, and flows. You could troubleshoot it, but usually it is faster to just make a new column or list from scratch.

View solution in original post

Bingo! In the initial setup of the Flow, I added a new number column in the list and now everything works fine. Wouldn't imagine that this could block my flow. Thank you!

Glad you got it figured out! Unfortunately, some wonky things can go on in the backend of SharePoint from time to time, and like I said - it is easier to just start fresh than waste time troubleshooting. It is also harder to troubleshoot on SharePoint online due to reduced backend administrative features at the site collection level. For this reason, "Tabula rasa" (clean slate) is always my recommendation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,208)